Posts Tagged ‘podcast’
ITE: Tacos in my grandma’s closet, Surfing, LA Thug Lyf, “They found my doobie in my pocket”, Ron’s Nomadic Adventures, Watches slow you down, Badass Zach, “The third richest man in the world is some mexican dude”, Syrious Business, The president is now in grandma’s closet, Sonata Arctica Sucks/Stratovarius still rocks, Smart Phone’s non-existant evolution, The NSA, Deep pipes into old existing structures, Pussyfootin’, Dune and the future of Metalscape.
Ahab – The Giant
Boomtown Rats – I don’t like Mondays
Fever Ray – If I had a Heart
Herbie Hancock – Rockit
Om – Addis
Music Bed: Funki Porcini – On (album), Kaya Project – And So It Goes (album)
Some of you may know this episode was recorded some weeks ago, but due to some life shit I couldn’t get it up until now. After talking Ron into letting me handle this one, I go and screw it up. O swells.
I don’t even remember what we talked about, but I know it get’s a little ridiculous so I guess you’ll just have to listen and find out.
Enslaved – The Sleep
Primordial – No Grave Deep Enough
Powerglove – The Real Adventurs of Johnny Quest
Wardruna – Bjarkan
Will Smith – Wild Wild West
Deep Purple – Never Before
Emperor – Ye Entrancemperium
Yngwie Malmsteen – Overture 1622
Xerath – False History
Dalriada – Tavaszköszöntõ
Otyg – Vilievandring
The Muppets – Bohemian Rhapsody
Mumford and Sons – Sigh No More
VoloMedia announced today that it has been awarded what it called the ‘patent for podcasting.’ According to the press announcement, patent number 7,568,213, titled ‘Method for Providing Episodic Media,’ covers: ‘…the fundamental mechanisms of podcasting, including providing consumer subscription to a show, automatically downloading media to a computer, prioritizing downloads, providing users with status indication, deleting episodes, and synchronizing episodes to a portable media device.’
Here’s what the patent claims:
1. A method for providing episodic media, the method comprising: providing a user with access to a channel dedicated to episodic media, wherein the episodic media provided over the channel is pre-defined into one or more episodes by a remote publisher of the episodic media; receiving a subscription request to the channel dedicated to the episodic media from the user; automatically downloading updated episodic media associated with the channel dedicated to the episodic media to a computing device associated with the user in accordance with the subscription request upon availability of the updated episodic media, the automatic download occurring without further user interaction; and providing the user with: an indication of a maximum available channel depth, the channel depth indicating a size of episodic media yet to be downloaded from the channel and size of episodic media already downloaded from the channel, the channel depth being specified in playtime or storage resources, and the ability to modify the channel depth by deleting selected episodic media content, thereby overriding the previously configured channel depth.
2. The method of claim 1, further comprising automatically providing the user with an indication of the availability of updated episodic media via the channel dedicated to the episodic media in accordance with the subscription request.
3. The method of claim 1, further comprising synchronizing the updated episodic media automatically downloaded to the computing device associated with the user with a portable computing device communicatively coupled to the computing device associated with the user.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein synchronization of the updated episodic media automatically occurs in response to a predetermined user setting.
5. The method of claim 3, wherein synchronization of the updated episodic media occurs in response to a request received from the user.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the updated episodic media is made available to users not associated with the computing device over a local area network.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the automatic download is further based on a priority assigned to the channel.
8. The method of claim 3, wherein the channel dedicated to the episodic media is reduced in size during synchronization in order to fit available cache storage within the portable device.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the channel dedicated to the episodic media is modified in size by removing one or more episodes of episodic media.
ITE: Guitar Hero, Zach gets stood up by some asshole, Old podcast co-hosts, ugly fat chicks, pool showers, Heavy Metal Hentai, I don’t get Mastodon, The wolf in the sky and the morons that believe he’s actually there, Devin Motherfucking Townsend and his new stuff, Pagan Knights, Zach’s Tech Tip Minute and forum malfunctions.
Astriaal – The Funeral Procession/Ritual Hate Construct
Heaven and Hell – Bible Black
Reusmarkt – Fortress Ung
Municipal Waste – The Art of Partying
Bolt Thrower – Anti-Tank
Kreator – Violent Revolution
Steve Ouimette – The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Dalriada – Tavaszköszöntõ